Sunday, May 8, 2011

•10.SHARP•WARM-UP•BLACKHAWK•








WHEN THE ROAD YOU’RE ON TAKES A SUDDEN SHARP TURN



PATRICK's POV


*the morning after*


Getting woken by an unusual wake-up call from the rising sun that is peeking through the window of a room that I don’t recognize, I begin to wonder where I am. I slowly sit myself up, clutching at my pounding head; I take a look around my surroundings and I see that I am definitely not home. 

Carefully I make my way out of this hotel room. I grab my shirt and pants, quickly throwing them on and checking if my wallet still is in my pants pocket then grab my jacket, toque and keys before I quietly leave out to the elevator and down to the parking level. Putting on my jacket and toque with my car keys in hand, I'm unsure if my car is down here, but I begin to briskly walk around anyways. It wasn't long before I found my car and it took me shorter time to get in and drive away.

So many questions started to race through my mind, so many that it feels like I should pull over and stop for a few minutes to try and clear my head, but I keep driving. I know that it’s stupid to be driving in this state of mind, but again, pulling over doesn’t feel like it’s an option either. So, as I drive my way through Chicago, making my way back home, I pull into my driveway and immediately cut the engine.

Without thinking I get out, use the keyless remote to lock my car and storm inside my house, where I am then bombarded by Shooter, who’s giving me an ‘if-looks-can-kill’ sort of look on his face, a look he has never gave to me before. Instead of just looking down at him and walking away, I get down on one knee to meet him eye to eye. Not knowing how he’d react to me since I obviously didn't come home last night, he surprises me by excitedly placing a big, wet, doggie kiss on my cheek, then he turned around and ran into the kitchen straight to his food dish. Once I give him some food and refresh his water, he looks back up to me with the same kind of look he gave me when I walked in the door.

Staring in the face of a man's best friend already feeling like I’ve betrayed him and Abby for that matter, the expression Shooter just shot at me didn't make me feel any better. Staring down at the pooch for a couple more minutes, as he turns back to eat his breakfast, I feel the need for a couple of Advil and a hot shower.

Walking over to the cupboard to grab myself a glass and a couple of Advil, I place the cup under the running faucet. After taking the Advil in hopes it would fix my aching head, I take another look down at Shooter who is now wiping his muzzle on the towel set beside his dish and was off to the back door to be let out to do his business.

After letting him out I make my way to the bathroom shedding off my clothes as I get there, I jump in the tub and let the hot water run down my body. Feeling some relief of the pounding in my head, but no real relief of all the tension that's built up in my body, my mind begins to wander again. Since the time I woke up, the same question that has been circling around my head, ‘What the fuck was I doing at the hotel last night with her?


*the day before*


"I love you too." I whisper softly over her shoulder, then taking a tiny nibble on her ear, as I lean in from behind, now giving her a kiss on her cheek, as she packs her bag.

"I wish I didn't have to go."

"I do too,” I speak still kissing her from her jaw line to her neck, “but we both didn't anticipate this to happen. Your sister needs you right now."

"Yeah... I guess so.” she breathes, “It's just so aggravating but yet so sad. I still can't believe that her husband left her for another woman!"

"He's an asshole, and she deserves better."

She turns around to face me, "She loved him. They were high school sweet hearts, they were married for 20 years, and they have four kids together. She thought he was the one." she wraps her arms tight around my waist.

"Still,” I shrug, “she deserves better than him."

As she pulls me in a bit closer, she opens her mouth to say something but just places a light kiss on my lips then asks, "You will never do that to me would you?"

"Never, I promise." I lean down, place a light peck on her nose, and then find her lips with mine, embracing her in close to me, slowly I move us down back towards the bed.

"Mm, baby..." she begins to mumble against my lips.

"Yeah..." I mumble back, trying to keep our kiss from breaking.

"As much as I want to take this further..." she tries to pull a bit further away.

"Mm hm..." while I bring my hand behind her head, gently pulling her back in.

"You have to..." she brings her arms up in between us and takes a breath, "get ready to leave for the game."

"So" I'm breathing just as heavy.

"And I have to finish packing so I can make my flight."

"We can spare a few minutes." I attempt to persuade her, moving my hand up her shirt while crashing my lips down on hers again.

"Baby," she pushes my hand back down and parts her lips away from mine, "I’m sorry but no. I have to be at the airport in an hour and you need to leave for the game in like, well... now.” as she looks down and points at her watch.

Giving her a heavy sigh of disappointment, I steal one last kiss before I head towards the door. While making my way out of the bedroom, I tell her, “Don’t be moaning to me when you call tonight.”
“Don’t worry baby, I won’t be the one moaning after you tonight.”

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! Love Sharpie, love this! Can't wait to see more of this...as much as I like that he seems genuinely into Abby in real life, I keep holding out hope things will end with them!

    ReplyDelete